Consultations That Help With Aging In Place In Jacksonville, FL, And Beyond
At Evolving Homes, our services include using our life experiences from working in Occupational Therapy and our unique approaches to help patients reach their goals to age in place. We place a high value on mental health and consider the whole person, not just a body part. Our team will help you and your family find the right balance between you, your environment, and your preferred activities. We also design solutions to professional problems that will help you and your family prepare the environment for meeting the required needs.
We Deliver Quality Caregiving and Design Solutions for Aging in Place
Evolving Homes provides virtual consulting services to those preparing loved ones, friends, businesses, and themselves for aging in place. We will work with you to find solutions that fit your lifestyle needs.
Age in Place or Find a New Space™
Helping homeowners, caregivers and families
Our team is here to help you understand and answer the following questions:
- Where do I begin, and how do I get started?
- How do a loved one or I maintain our independence as we get older?
- How can my family plan for the future?
Collaborating to create layout solutions
Aging in Place for your Business and Employees
Our team will work with you to create layout solutions that answer these three questions:
- What caregiver consultation resources can I provide to my employees?
- How can I be a clinical bridge between a product and improving functionality?
- How can I provide clinical input with product design in our office?
Collaborating to create layout solutions
What to Expect In A Consultation
When we meet with you for a virtual consultation, we will discuss all your needs and options for meeting them. Our team will connect you with independent design contractors who install and create spaces for whatever the homeowner or business needs.
We work this way since Occupational Therapists are clinicians who interact with patients in the field. We picture solutions and aim to build something more sustainable for patients. In contrast, engineers and designers see real-life problems and design solutions to solve them. However, they don’t know if their solutions will work in the real world and how consumers will receive them. This is why Evolving Homes works to bridge the gap between you and the engineers/designers, as both teams come from two different areas of expertise.
Whether you need consulting for your home or your business, we assure you that you can trust us to discuss issues that might cause embarrassment, like incontinence or difficulty wiping. We ensure a complete understanding of the emotional and psychological sides of injury or disability. This is so we can help engineers visualize how their solution will work on our actual patients and consider the emotional side of their creations.
Most frequent questions and answers
EvolvingHomes is an Occupational therapist and Realtor owned consulting business that helps people live at home independently for as long as possible.
We provide expert guidance to clients planning for their futures and decrease caregiver stress by providing the answers they need.
We focus on designing spaces with hidden-in-place accessibility that looks beautiful and increases home value.
EvolvingHomes helps homeowners create a plan that allows them to stay in their homes as they get older.
We look at the whole person when considering Aging in Place needs, so recommendations may include home modifications, adjusting lifestyle, and discussing caregiver needs.
We support the 42 million family caregivers, many of whom feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of figuring out what they need to take care of their loved ones.
We are all unique, and our situations are unique.
According to AARP, 9 out of 10 people would rather live in their own homes as they age.
However, more than 95% of the housing stock in the US is considered inaccessible, and it can be costly to make modifications after it’s built.
Evolving Homes offers “Age in Place or Find a New Space” virtual consultations to help you plan for the future.
We will talk about your goals and discuss what the best options are for your situation.
- It may make more sense financially to move to a different house!
We will problem-solve through the environmental challenges and talk about your personal preferences.
- You may need more time to be ready for a complete bathroom remodel, so let’s discuss what short-term solutions could solve the problem.
We will create a plan for precisely what you need to be able to Age in Place!
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines aging in Place as: “the ability to live in one’s own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age, income, or ability level.”
We believe that Aging in Place is the ability to live in the environment of your choice by making adjustments to ensure success.
Everybody is different regarding how they live and what they feel is important.
Aging in Place consulting is a person-centered service that guides you in the decision-making process through the eyes of a clinician.
Occupational therapists know how you function in your most private spaces and will help you create a plan specific to your physical needs and those of your caregivers.
- The people who appreciate my services are the deliberate decision-makers who plan and want to know all their options before committing.
- Adults who want to stay in their homes as they age have yet to decide where to start.
- Families need guidance and ideas on how to care for a loved one at home.
The first step is to do a free introductory discovery call to discover the challenges.
If it’s the right fit, we will invite you to schedule a virtual consultation where we will discuss potential solutions relative to budget, timeline, and preferences.
The service is provided virtually to allow adult children living in other parts of the country to be part of the discussion.
At the end of the session, you will have the plan to solve the challenges and a To Do list that you can begin to implement immediately.
- What makes me different is that I look at the whole person when looking at Aging in Place solutions.
- We believe that living independently isn’t just about putting up grab bars — it’s also essential to have the physical strength to get up off the floor, have good lifestyle habits to stay out of the hospital and be able to get help when you need it.
- We work together with contractors, much like architects. We design the plan that the contractor executes.
- Occupational Therapists are experts in daily function and disease progression.
- We assess the client’s unique needs and create Aging in Place plans that maximize function and make it easier to live in their spaces.
- Once the design is completed, we work with contractors to build it to those specifications.